The Financial Advisory Board reviews current policies and procedures relating to City finances and makes recommendations for improving the City's financial condition.
The advisory board consists of 11 members who shall reside in the City of Reno and be appointed by the City Council.
Trò chơi rất cao The regular term of membership is for three years.
- Based upon financial considerations, review and evaluate any program or proposal for long and short term financial consequences that the city council requests. The board is expected to assess alternatives to make appropriate recommendations to the City Council.
- Review and evaluate the city's investment policy annually and recommend changes to the City Council.
- Annually review the comprehensive annual financial report, management letter and budget document.
- Review annually, revenue estimating procedures and recommend changes as necessary.
- Examine the city's financial condition and make recommendations for improvement.
The board typically meets the first Thursday of each month, at 3:30 p.m. at City Hall. Depending on the topic under review, there may be an additional sub-committee time commitment necessary.